Lectures (since 2018)
- Delta Urbanism coming of age. 25 years Delta Urbanism… where are we now? Keynote lecture for the conference ‘Urban Deltas in times of climate change’, TU Delft 5th of March, 2020.
- A new history of urban delta landscapes. Rotterdam: Reconsidering the relation among city, river and port. Lecture for the Studio Harbour Heritage, Department of Architecture, TU Delft, 2nd of March, 2020.
- The Dutch Delta metropolis: a laboratory for water- and hydraulic systems as an urban assignment, statement for the conference ’50 years Laboratorio d’Urbanismo’, Universita Polytecnica Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona 25 October 2019.
- How to deal with urbanizing deltas as dynamic complex systems, lecture for the Shanghai Acadamy of Social Sciences (SASS), 15 October 2019.
- Delta Urbanism: Dynamic urban development in dynamic coastal landscapes, key note lecture International Landscape Architecture Symposium, Forestry University Beijing – 12-13 October 2019.
- Port cities of the 21st century, 1st International Conference on Advanced Urban Strategies, La Coruna (Sp), February 15, 2019.
- True (Hi)stories on Water Heritage, keynote lecture for International Symposium on Water Heritage, organized by UKNA (Urban Knowledge Network Asia): Shanghai Academy for Social Sciences, November 29, 2018.
- Designing the Metropolitan Region of the 21st Century, Shanghai 2018 International Summit: Shanghai International Convention Center, November 25, 2018.
- Flood Risk Strategies and Urbanization: From Resistance to Resilience, Lecture for Workshop on ‘Setting the Agenda: Making Houston Resilient’. University of Houston: November 8, 2018
- Delta Urbanism – towards an integrated approach, lecture at seminar ‘DISS – Deltas International Summer School, University of Ferrara, Ravenna: June 18, 2018.
- Land and Water. Changing Transitions in the Delta, lecture at seminar ‘Fluid Territories: Landscapes, Labor and Logistics’, HNI/TU-Delft/IUAV, Venice June 14, 2018
- Designing a new story for the deltas of the world, lecture at Conference ‘Living with Rising Water’, organized by LUMA, Arles (Fr), May 14, 2018.